Desktop Authority Express
|Desktop Authority Express
Download | Price - order
- Scripts without need for programing
- Used by more than 3.000.000 Users
- Industry awarded
Desktop Authority Express Price
Upgrades from Exp. Maint.
Desktop Authority Express Upgrade v8 10-499 Seats
Desktop Authority Express Upgrade v8 500-999 Seats
Desktop Authority Express Upgrade v8 1000-2499 Seats
Desktop Authority Express Upgrade v8 10-499 Seats
Desktop Authority Express Upgrade v8 10-499 Seats
Desktop Authority Express Upgrade v8 10-499 Seats
Help to Update to version 6 of ScriptLogic
If your license key is not accepted when updating to version 6 of Scriptlogic, follow the steps below.
- Open ScriptLogic
- Click on the Help menu and go to Product Registration.
- Once the version 6 registration opens click on the Browse button.
- In the default browse directory you should see a register.ini, select that file.
- You should see all your registration information populate the fields.
- Click Register and everything should be registered at this point.
ScriptLogic Updates and Upgrades
In case you have an older version of ScriptLogic, you wish to update or reactivate maintenance on, please contact us.
In case your ScriptLogic Maintenance has Expired, please contact us and we will be happy to quote you a price to get to the latest version.
ScriptLogic Version 6 Version History
Version 6.05 (2004-Dec-08)
- Added more verbose text to the "Out-of-date maintenance warning" when registering the product.
- Added option "DisableBackup=1" to slmgr.ini file which disables rolling backups which improves the ScriptLogic Managers performance upon replication.
- Added debug information to the SLTrace.htm file when Folder Redirection settings were configured previously.
- Added ScriptLogic dynamic variables that query 39 different Active Directory user attributes.
- Improved the Outlook Data File "Create if one does not exist or modify existing" option when copying file(s) to the destination and renamed the source files for backup protection.
- Changed "Remove any existing" to "Remove all existing" to represent actual action being taken for Outlook Data File option.
- Fixed issue with modifying any Outlook Data File setting if the file already exists in the target location.
- Fixed issue with detecting if multiple Outlook "PST" settings are configured.The Outlook Data File "Create if one does not exist or modify existing" option will take no action and log to the SLTrace.htm file.
- Fixed issue with an erroneous registry value that caused errors when attempting to synchronize Outlook.
- Fixed issue with detecting manually created PST settings on Outlook 2003.
- Fixed issue with a broken browse button on the Outlook Data File tab.
- Fixed issue with removing the leading backslashes from the Exchange Server"s name when upgrading.
- Fixed issue in the Validation Logic dialog box in which pressing the "F1" key did not display the context sensitive help menu.
- Fixed issue with overwriting a local security policy to warn user about password expiration even if setting has not been configured in the ScriptLogic Manager.
- Fixed issue in which the Internet "Use a proxy server" option was applied when at a grayed out status.
- Fixed issue in which the Outlook "AutoArchive" option was applied when at a grayed out status.
- Fixed issue where the $NewConnectionOption variable was referenced incorrectly.
- Fixed issue with an ampersand sign (&) in registered name caused dashboard to be blank.
- Fixed issue where an ampersand sign (&) in the Profile.sl would prevent a configuration profile from validating.
- Fixed issue with the "Ctrl" key that caused the ScriptLogic Manager to "Replicate All Files".
- Fixed issue with an icon not being displayed when pressing the "Alt" + "Tab" keys.
- Fixed issue in which the Folder Redirection "My Pictures" option should only validate for Windows Me, 2000, XP, & 2003.
- Fixed issue with icons disappearing when selecting the "AutoHide" feature in the ScriptLogic Manager"s Navigation and View panes.
- Fixed issue with ScriptLogic Manager redundantly prompting to save changes.
- Fixed issue with using the "Delete" key to remove a Validation Logic rule.
- Fixed issue in which the status of the "Save/Replication" indicator LED was not changing when editing a profile-level setting.
- Fixed issue with Folder Redirection "Reset to default" field not clearing when unchecked.
- Fixed issue in which copying an un-expanded profile caused the ScriptLogic Manager to crash.
- Fixed issue with SLStart.exe to verify the correct product name for newer KixTart versions.
- Fixed issue with the ScriptLogic Manager adding a semi colon (;) to the beginning of a multi selected Validation Logic value.
- Fixed issue in which an element"s "Description" could become out of order when closing the ScriptLogic Manager and not saving.
- Fixed issue with sorting "And Not" Validation Logic rules that were not last in the list.
- Fixed issue in which upgrading to previous versions of 6.0x would set a 30 day expiration date on the product.
Version 6.04 (2004-Oct-01)
- Fixed issue with the right-click selection option not functioning properly in the ScriptLogic Manager.
- Fixed issue with the Log File Viewer which limited the number of log entries that could be displayed.
- Fixed issue with improperly upgrading a Outlook Data File setting from Version 5.x. In Version 6.x the drop down setting will be upgraded to "Create if one does not exist".
- Fixed issue with the System Dashboard displaying the evaluation date as (dd/mm/yyyy) and the date is now in a universal format (Month dd, yyyy).
- Fixed issue with InstallShield not detecting if the ScriptLogic Manager is open during installation.
Version 6.03 (2004-Sept-20)
- Added new option "Block Access to USB Storage Devices (XP SP2+)" to the System category under the Security Policies object.
- Enhanced the debug information logged to the SLTrace file during the logon process.
- Fixed issue where Outlook 2003 would crash when "Use Cached Exchange Mode" is enabled due to a blank registry value that was created with prior 6.0 versions.
- Fixed issue where a workstation"s Legal Notice setting was being removed when no "Legal Notice" elements are configured.
- Fixed issue with adding computers or servers to the Custom Server list under Remote Management object.
- Fixed issue with "Don"t Display Last User Name" option when at a grayed out status was being turned off.
- Fixed issue with the Validation Logic rule being removed on Environment elements.
- Fixed issue with sorting columns in the "Assign Script" object.
- Fixed issue with the "Always restart, even if shut down is selected (desktop only)" option when the desktop agent icon is hidden from the system tray.
- Fixed issue with engine crash when processing Remote Management elements when upgrading.
- Fixed issue with setting Microsoft Outlook as the default mail client when "Mail Profile" or "Outlook" elements are not validated.
- Fixed issue with the "Disable Office Asistant" option setting an erroneous registry value when at a grayed out status.
- Fixed issue with registering a NFR key code in the ScriptLogic Manager.>/LI>
- Fixed issue with the ScriptLogic Manager creating duplicate entries for new INI File elements.
- Fixed issue with adding the profile"s "Policy Exempt Group" as a "NOT" Validation Logic rule to each element when upgrading.
- Removed the "Policy Exempt Group" option from the General object which can be accomplished by adding a "NOT" Validation Logic rule.
Version 6.02 (2004-Sept-09)
- Fixed issue where Outlook 2003 would crash if a user did not have an OAB folder path configured and "Use Cached Exchange Mode" is enabled.
- Fixed issue with the configuration of the OAB folder path when "Create if one does not exist or modify existing" option is selected.
- Fixed issue with adding an element and then immediately right-click copy/pasting a profile in the ScriptLogic Manager.
- Fixed issue with copying, then deleting, then pasting a profile in the ScriptLogic Manager
Version 6.01 (2004-Sept-07)
- Added a "Promo Code" button to the "About ScriptLogic" dialog box found under Help About.
- Fixed the "ScriptLogic on the web" link found under Help.
- Fixed issue with the ScriptLogic Manager displaying disabled checkboxes from being viewed as unchecked boxes.
Version 6.0 (2004-Sept-01)
- Introduced a new graphical user interface to the ScriptLogic Manager.Changed tab based interface to an explorer style object based interface.
- Introduced new Hierarchical Profiles used within the ScriptLogic Manager.
- Enhanced Validation Logic with Boolean operators (And, Or, Not) to be used at the Profile and Element levels.
- Added new Validation Logic types Registry value, File Version, and File Exists.
- Added ability to configure multiple Validation Logic types per Profile and Element.
- Added new MAPI COM Object (slMapiEx.dll) for creating/renaming/modifying Outlook Mail Profiles and data files (.pst, .pab, .ost, .oab).
- Added new "Windows Firewall" object which will enable/disable the Windows XP SP2 Firewall in addition to opening and closing of ports.
- Added a System Dashboard to the new ScriptLogic Manager which provides up to date information at a quick glance.
- Added ability to perform undo/redo in the new ScriptLogic Manager.
- Added ability to multi select and edit element settings including Validation Logic and description.
- Added ability to copy or move element(s) within and between profiles.
- Added ability to Import/Export profiles in the new ScriptLogic Manager.
- Added ability to "Hide Unused" empty objects.
- Added ability to enable/disable Profiles and Elements without changing their position or content.
- Added ability to select custom variables and custom functions from the definition files via the Validation Logic UI.
- Added ability to sort all Profile Objects (Drive, Printer, Outlook, and etc.) alphabetically for ease of use and manageability.
- Added Toolbar and Pane themes to the View options.
- Added an uninstall feature to Add/Remove programs applet in Control Panel for the operations master.
- Moved all Profile specific settings to the General object.
- Moved the Time sync element to its own object.
- Moved the personal address book, personal folder, and offline address book and folder settings from Mail Profile to the Outlook object under the Data Files tab.
- Changed Alerts, Logging, Pre-Engine and Post-Engine Scripts to Profile object.
- Added 15 new options to the Control Panel category in the Security Policies object.
- Enhanced configuration setting validation performed by the Engine.
- Added the "Reset to default" option to the Common Folder Redirection object.
- Added new options (NoToolBarOptions, NoAddressBar, NoToolBar, NoLinkBar) to the Internet Explorer categories to the Security Policies object.
- Updated debug information logged to the SLTrace.htm file.
- Fixed issue with SLAgent in which a logoff could occur if the space bar key was pressed after aborting Inactivity.
Version 5.60 (2004-Aug-16)
- Added new API functions: slWinFirewallOpenPort(), slWinFirewallClosePort(), and slWinFirewallEnable(). These new API"s can be utilized through a custom script to open and close ports and enable/disable the Windows Firewall on Windows XP SP2 workstation.
- Enhanced performance of SLagent by only calling the Windows API "NetGetDCName" upon initial setup or upgrade.
- Changed the Global Option "Always restart computer, even if shut down is selected" to validate only for desktop workstations.
- Corrected textual information in a dialog prompt presented from Server Manager when the service accounts are not configured with the "Password Never Expires" option.
- Fixed issue with SLAgent where a logoff could occur if the space bar was pressed after aborting Inactivity.
ScriptLogic Version History Version 5
Version 5.52 (2004-July-15)
- Fixed issue with Server Manager which occasionally did not populate the replication source server field during upgrades.
- Updated the Server Manager dialog box which prompts to remove the legacy version of the Kixtart RPC service, if installed.
- Made changes to the SLagent COM Object to avoid conflicts with older instances of the COM object installed by SLexec, its predecessor.
- Fixed issue with registering the SL COM Object on a per-user basis rather than a per-machine basis.This issue primarily affected Terminal Servers and possibly future operating systems.
- Fixed issue with field-linking on the Outlook tab where certain options were incorrectly disabled when other corresponding settings were enabled.
- Fixed issue where a profile's definition file (.SLD) could become incorrectly signed and cause an error during the logon process.
- Fixed issue with the Desktop Agent icon which was incorrectly being displayed in the system tray the first time after an upgrade, even though the configuration settings were set to "Do not show..." the icon.
- Fixed issue with the engine which incorrectly indicated it would process inactivity, logoff and shut down settings for Citrix Published Applications or Terminal Server Initial Programs.Inactivity, logoff and shut down settings are not processed on Terminal Servers when Published Apps and/or Initial Programs are used.
Version 5.51 (2004-June-07)
- Fixed issue with the Desktop Agent which occasionally prevented Terminal Server sessions from ending properly.
- Fixed issue with the Desktop Agent which occasionally did not initialize the Inactivity timer correctly.
- Fixed issue with the Desktop Agent incorrectly parsing and/or detecting the enumeration of the Inactivity hour mask.
- Fixed issue with detecting the status of inactivity.Certain applications, such as Trend Micro Office Scan, MSN Messenger and some screen savers would cause the system to report mouse movements that were non-existent.
- Fixed issue with the Validation Logic type "Computer Group" to allow for the group to be prefixed with the domain name (e.g.'Domain\ComputerGroup').
- Fixed issue where the Validation Logic type "Computer Group" was not available in the Printers, INI Files, and Registry tabs.
- Fixed issue with populating the value for Validation Logic types Group Membership, Primary Group and Computer Group when using the network browser.
- Fixed issue with creating mail profiles when the "Always create" condition was selected.
- Fixed issue with sending Alerts to email addresses via SMTP.
- Fixed issue with the Log File Viewer which limited the number of log entries that could be viewed.
- Fixed issue with the OS Validation Logic where the 2003 checkbox was cleared on the Pre and Post-Engine Scripts tabs when saved.
- Fixed issue when setting the "Do not show desktop agent icon in system tray" Global option to work as intended, even if no profiles are validated.
- Fixed the replication dialog to properly display the entire progression of the progress bar.
- Changed the Desktop Agent to hide the system tray icon options "shut down" and "restart" on Terminal Server sessions when users do not have the proper permissions.
- The Desktop Agent is now responsible for verifying the integrity of configuration files.Previous versions required that the ScriptLogic Client service was installed to perform this task.
- The Desktop Agent files (SLagent.exe / SLagent.dll) are now copied to and registered from the Windows System/System32 folder rather than the user's %temp% folder.
- Enhanced the Service Pack tab to allow for custom command-line switches to be defined at the end of the path field, allowing you to override the embedded/recommended switches [-u -f -n].
- Introduced an alternate method used to deploy the ScriptLogic Client service to Windows 2000 (and newer) during the logon process when remote access to the client is prohibited (e.g.File and Printer Sharing is disabled, certain VPN clients are installed, or a personal firewall is enabled).Note: NT 4.0 clients are still required to have File and Printer sharing enabled.
- Added option to ignore the Inactivity warning, if so desired, by setting the timer value to zero (0).
Version 5.50 (2004-April-20)
- Implemented new agent technology (Desktop Agent).This COM-based technology combines a number of legacy components into a new, powerful client foundation.Files added: SLagent.exe, SLagent.dll.Files removed: SLexec.exe, ScriptOff.exe, ScriptOff.dll, CancelBt.exe, StartBt.exe, ClrRun.exe, ClrName.exe).
- Implemented a new back-end architecture that verifies the integrity of configuration files during the logon process.
- Comprehensive changes to Server Manager offers increased performance, responsiveness and better scalability when configuring the ScriptLogic Service in enterprise environments.
- Added new Inactivity tab (based on Desktop Agent) which provides the ability to automatically take a specific action (logoff, shutdown, restart or lock workstation).
- Added new conditional logic which bypasses the creation of a mail profile if one already exists for the user.
- Added Validation Logic support for Computer Group (AD), Custom Function and Custom Variable.
- Added Validation Logic support for true subnetting to the "Terminal Server Client TCP/IP Addr." type.
- Added the ability to map a drive using the next available drive letter by selecting an asterisk from the drop down list.
- Added the ability to set environment variables for either the system (NT-family) or the current user.
- Added the ability to easily create desktop and program group shortcuts for ScriptLogic from the Manager?s menu pad.
- Upon exiting, Server Manager will now verify and prompt if the ScriptLogic service is installed to at least one server.
- Upon configuring the ScriptLogic service, Server Manager will verify that the user account used by the ScriptLogic service (Domain Admin) has the right to "Log on locally" to the server on which the service is installed to.
- New API functions: slCreateUniqueFile(), slGetProcessID(), slGetProcessList(), slKillProcess(), slPing(), slGetDriveList(), slGetDriveMap(), slRegReadValue(), slSetM(), slGetWMIbuild(), slPlayWav(), slSendMail()
- Setup is now based on InstallShield 9.0 and supports the option to install ScriptLogic to a remote machine.
- Added the ability to select either Typical Installation or Express Upgrade options during the setup process of ScriptLogic.
- Added the ability to send Alerts to multiple email addresses using a SMTP server.
- Redesigned the Display tab to use a list format which provides the ability to configure multiple Display settings and set validation logic.
- Redesigned the Outlook tab to use a list format which provides the ability to configure multiple Outlook settings and set validation logic.
- Fixed potential issue with MS Office and Folder Redirection tabs.Folder redirection will now occur only if the target folder's existence can be verified.
- Fixed issue with engine processing order - logoff/shut down applications can now be queued from within pre-engine custom scripts.
Version 5.15 (2004-March-25)
- Fixed an issue introduced in 5.14 that prevented changes from being made to the registry.
Version 5.14 (2004-March-08)
- Made change to the SL COM object that fixes the automatic creation of multi-level directories when using UNC paths.
- Fixed issue with the ScriptLogic Client Service which causes a Dr.Watson error on some Windows NT 4.0 workstations during the startup or logon process.
- Fixed issue with the ScriptLogic Client Service which causes a Visual C++ Run Time error when launching some applications with admin privileges.
Version 5.13 (2004-Jan-14)
- Fixed issue with Pre-Engine Scripts tab where Windows 2003 could not be selected as the Validation Logic OS.
- Fixed issue with writing extended ASCII characters to the log files.
- Fixed issue with log files where the first item (usually $Date) was not being recorded.
- Fixed issue with using asterisks (wildcard matching) in Validation Logic at the Profile level.
- Fixed issue with mail profile creation for Outlook 2003 that would prevent the Contacts from showing up in the Send To dialog.
- Fixed issue with mail profile creation for Outlook 2003 that would not add Personal Folders (PST files) to the mail profile.
- Made change to SL COM object that fixes a delay experienced on some Windows NT 4.0 systems: The Get/SetUserObjectSecurity API call is now used instead of Get/SetSecurityInfo.
- Fixed issue with Manager that used to allow Profile names to contain specific characters (\ / : * ? " < > |).
Version 5.12 (2003-Nov-20)
- Fixed issue that prevented the proper creation of shortcuts if the shortcut name field contained punctuation.
- Fixed issue with the responsiveness that the Assign Logon Script screen enumerated user accounts in a domain.
- Fixed issue with slogic.bat where it would not properly detect and then update to newer versions of application files.
- Fixed issue which would occasionally cause a Dr.Watson error when trying to install the Server Service to a Windows NT 4.0 server.
- Fixed issue with logging system.Now the engine will automatically substitute any double quotes in the data with single quotes.
- Fixed issue which could generate an "Access Denied" error when the "Clear all existing policies first" option was selected.
- Fixed issue with the handling of a root directory as the target on the Folder Redirection, Common Folder Redirection and MS Office tabs.Additionally, the redirection path is now verified before the values are written to the registry.
- Fixed issue with setting default printer when the client has a local printer connected to a USB port.
- Fixed issue with the "limit concurrent logon connection" option on the Drives tab that could prevent this feature from working as intended when multiple configuration profiles are used..
- Changed ScriptLogic service to use a faster client Windows API when determining user SIDs.
- Changed engine behavior: Message boxes will now be displayed when AutoAdminLogon is enabled, but only is the user logging on is a different account than the one configured in the registry for automatic logon.
- Included KiXtart 4.22 engine.
Version 5.11 (2003-Oct-06)
- Fixed issue with Server Manager that occasionally produced an error when upgrading the ScriptLogic service.
- Fixed issue that prevented the proper creation of shortcuts if the name of the shortcut contained punctuation.
- Fixed issue with setting the 'friendly' labels for drive mappings on Windows XP machines.
- Fixed issue with displaying the default graphic when the informational text screen has been selected.
Version 5.10 (2003-Sept-26)
- Fixed issue which may have caused the following symptoms on some Windows NT 4.0 workstations: no desktop icons, creation of %systemroot% and/or %userprofile% folders.
- Fixed issue with determining if a newer version of the Directory Services client was installed to legacy platforms (9x & NT4).
- Fixed issue with creating shortcuts if the user logging on did not have permissions to the target folder (eg."All Users").
- Fixed issue with creating shortcuts that ignored the option to start the application minimized or maximized.
- Fixed issue with slAscan() API function that would not produce correct result.
- Added support for REG_QWORD registry value data types.
- Added logic to auto-install the Windows Management Instrumentation core files to legacy platforms (9x & NT4), if the WMIcore.exe setup file exists in the Netlogon share.
- Added several new API functions: slAEnumKey(), slAEnumValue(), slCreateGUID(), slComputerInGroup(), slFileTimeCompare().
- By popular request, the Manager's Client Configuration screen is now resizable.
- Add/remove printer connections will no longer be attempted if the computer processing the request is the actual print server.
Version 5.02 (2003-Sept-11)
- Fixed issue with slExec (API/COM/EXE) that was not properly handling application arguments.This primarily effected applications that were queued to launch after the logon sequence.
- Fixed issue where changing the domain in the Assign Logon Script window did not properly enumerate user accounts.
- Fixed issue with copying the SLtrace.htm file to a central repository.
- Fixed issue with the Server Service creating a Visual C++ exception error.
Version 5.01 (2003-Sept-04)
- Fixed issue with auto-assignment of Application Launcher UIDs during upgrade process.UIDs must now be manually generated for upgraded Application Launcher elements.
- Fixed issue where the removal of all TCP/IP printers option could accidentally remove Plug-n-Play printers.
- Fixed issue with Reg_Binary write values to the registry.
- Fixed issue with slQueryHotfix() UDF that only effected Windows NT 4.0 systems.
- Fixed issue with Windows 9x when determining the authenticating domain controller (service server) when local profiles are enabled.
- Increased the level of details that Server Manager displays while performing certain actions on the service.
- Added algorithm to increase the "Refresh Timer" in Server Manager based on the number of servers within the list.
Version 5.0 (2003-Aug-18)
- Added multi-threading enhancements to Manager's resource browser & assign script applet.
- Added Validation Logic support for Windows 2003.
- Added Validation Logic support for Tablet PC's.
- Added support for mail profile creation when using Outlook 2003.
- Added new COM infrastructure to ScriptLogic client components.
- Added ability to remove all mapped drives before mapping new ones.
- Added ability to remove all network printers before connecting new ones.
- Added new definable alerts for drive and printer mapping failures.
- Added ability to prevent logon if specific drives do not properly map.
- Added ability to connect to TCP/IP and LPR printers.
- Added 'friendly' labels for drive mappings (Windows 2000/XP/2003).
- Added ability to edit INI files with administrative privilege.
- Enhanced performance of Manager's log viewer.
- Implemented a new Unique Identifier (UID) field for Application Launcher and Message Box elements.
- Included KiXtart 4.21 engine.
- Multiple enhancements to Server Manager applet.
Tech Note on Updating to ScriptLogic 5.5.
Please read this Technical Note before updating...
Always have a Backup, and test in test environment before going live. When Going "live" with somthing as important as Login Procedure, schedule it for hours where downtime is least crucial.
Upgrade ScriptLogic Information from ScriptLogic
Important Upgrade Tech Note for users with Windows NT 4.0 Sp 6
When updating always check that the two accounts for Scriptlogic are correct, and the password has not expired.
Please contact us if you are using a version of ScriptLogic prior to 4.15 before upgrading.
|Copyright © 2001 - 2012 AMT Software. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Information subject to change without notice.